Sunday, November 8, 2009

In Memory

In my dreams
drifting gently down stream
on golden waters...
No voices, no eyes, no ears, no luxury
Ohhh, I know, this is home...
On through age-old willows older
than dream itself I drifted,
with rays of sun seeping into my skin,
drifting far til the sharpest eye
could no longer see...
No building, no smoke, no rain, no lies
Now I know I am home...
Warm, numb, and free
I've never felt so alive
as now, as my body left me,
drifting for what seemed an eternity
lying there, on silent water
I spoke to the sea
and the sea spoke to me
we agreed
I am home

Joshua Farrer




posted by: Kevin Radebaugh

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem was written by my best friend Josh in high school. He passed away about 5 years ago...we all saw this for the first time on the back of his funeral program. He was an amazing kid with tons of hidden talents, and writing poetry was just one of them.

    ReplyDelete